Monday, August 08, 2005

Monday Morning Quarterback.

Here it is Monday again the routine refreshes.

Ricky Kalmon was our headliner, and he was supported by Jason Kantor. I like both Jason and Ricky, so it was nice to see them.

Not that you asked, but interestingly a club's per head food and beverage is typically lower when you have a hypnotist because there is more activity on the stage and as a result people are watching their friends perform and don't eat or drink as much.

We also marketed some shows a little differently to better reflect the content. Based on the response to those shows I think it was a smart decision.

We have Pablo this weekend and I would recommend you get your tickets early. It is a great show and we are looking forward to seeing our friend.

Finally, you may have seen that Peter Jennings died over the weekend. I am an avid consumer of news, often watching all three national news broadcasts in the evening (tivo assisted of course). On a personal level my thoughts are with his family at this time. When I heard about his cancer diagnosis I emailed his producer an essay about cancer survival entitled "The Mean is Not the Message." If you or someone you know is facing a potentially terminal diagnosis, I suggest strongly your read the piece. We are currently battling internally about how many no smoking shows to have in a given week. In case you are counting votes, I am casting mine for only two - the last show on both Friday and Saturday. The rest of the time I think that we should be non-smoking, and I believe that it is what the market wants as well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie,
You will not gain more business by adding more non-smoking shows. Non-smokers are use to going out to public places where people in America have the right to smoke. However, people who do smoke are not use to having their rights infringed upon, and will probably not come to the show if their only choice is the last show on Friday and Saturday.
If it’s not broke, don’t fix it.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish the hypnotist was funnier. I saw this hypnotist in Denver once who was really hilarious. Not just the hypnotism part but he was a real funny comedian.

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home