Wednesday, July 27, 2005

They've got to be kidding right?

I saw this story and thought it must really be something that came straight out of the pages of The Onion. Get ready to have your monthly minimums DOUBLE. That's right DOUBLE.

I mean are you kidding me? What ever happened to "we trust people with their own money?" First you change the bankruptcy laws to virtually eliminate a person's opportunity to start over, especially when most bankrupcties are the result of medical bills not overspending. Now this? Clearly this is not the place to engage in a political debate, but at some point a person should consider which party is the party of the people and which is party of the credit card companies when it comes to money matters.

If you are wondering why I am a little fired up about this it's because I know that a little change like this could have a major impact on whether or not people can afford to come out for a night of entertainment. Remember that Georiga is at the top of those states which have the highest number of bankruptcies. The other reason is that , well, I have a credit card or two with a balance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home