Saturday, July 23, 2005

Saturday Night Around The Blogs...

I've had the chance to speak with Chris a couple of times while he's been in Montreal. It sounds like this year is a really fun festival. If you are looking for an in depth update, you should consider checking out Shecky Magazine. Brian and Traci always have good insight and perspective on the happenings.

From what I hear, I think we'll see some new faces in Atlanta in the next year. There is a lot of good talent out there. I am always struck by the difficulty associated with booking a room like ours, but the simple fact is you run out of spaces for all of the talent that you want to use.

As it happens, I participated by telephone on the radio show tonight. For any of you who have ever performed you might know what tonight's show felt like. It was just a little off. We discussed, or at least discussed while I was on the air, the nominee for the Supreme Court. Yes, I know, compelling reading for the blog of a comedy club. The point I was trying to make was that I personally don't have any capacity to evaluate the appropriateness of Judge Roberts for the High Court - I simply do not know enough about him. I think that it would be a step in the right direction if he could have a full and candid discussion with the Judiciary Committee, and let his views fall where they may.

I don't think that it came out sounding that way on the radio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home