Friday, September 02, 2005

Katrina Again....

We, like so many, are just stunned at the loss. Stunned at what seems to be a massive failure on the part of our elected officials, starting at the very top, to be prepared. How it is possible on the eve of the fourth anniversary of 9/11 that something like this could happen in one of our own cities? Some have suggested this could not have been predicted. I think that is wrong, it has been predicted repeatedly.

We will do something. We have too.

What you read above were my first thoughts on Friday, as I was personally starting to get a handle on what was being spoken and written about what we are all watching. My partners and I are exploring what needs to be done by us to help. I know that my family will be looking at what we can take out of our own home to give, as surely there is a person who needs it more.

I do want to make a comment about that sentiment, about someone needing it more. While we have watched the footage of what is happening all along the gulf coast some person succumbed to a terminal illness in the midwest. Some family lost a parent in a car accident in the northeast. My point is that there is a great loss all around us on a daily basis and in some way each of those losses is real and just as devastating. Humor has always been a way for people to start to put the pieces back together again. I am sure that even in these darkest of hours there are moments, even if fleeting, there is humor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home