Friday, May 27, 2005

What's All The RUCkus About?

We tried a little something different tonight, namely a show called RUCkus - or Real Urban Comedy. It was organized and hosted by Griff from Hot 107.5.

On the whole it was a good show. I had the opportunity to speak with a number of people on their way out of the club who expressed what a good time they had.

Scotty K in particular got a ton of compliments, so I hope that more people will come out to see him this weekend with Drew Hastings.

We're going to meet with Griff next week to discuss what tweaks we might make to the concept before going forward again. It will be an interesting discussion for sure. One thing I would think we'll cover is the difference between a comedian doing the time they are supposed to do and the time they actually do, as tonight's show clocked in a just under three hours.

Thankfully tonight's performers were all funny, so the extra time that was performed was for the most part entertaining.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life's Reflections

1. I'm not into working out. My philosophy is no pain, no pain.
2. I'm in shape. Round is a shape.

3. Ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you, but when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window?

4. Ever notice that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?

5. You have to stay in shape. My mother started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 now and we have no idea where she is.

6. I have six locks on my door, all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three of them.

7. Ask people why they have deer heads on their walls and they tell you it's because they're such beautiful animals. I think my wife is beautiful, but I only have photographs of her on the wall.

8. I've always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home