Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Tuesday Morning Quarterback

Interesting weekend at the club. Eddie Brill was our headliner and overall he did a good job.

We didn't have as many media hits as would like and I think it's unfortunate. Eddie has for years been the comedy booker for the Letterman show. I think he has some really interesting insight about how a comic goes from unknown to appearing on Letterman. I guess that doesn't rise to the level of interesting for some radio shows, which clear is their perrogative. I guess I am making the comment because I am always curious to find out what shows want what from which guests. Some shows regularly have comedians on, others almost never. I confess that I can't figure it out.

In any event, think about the difficulty that Eddie has. He needs to have a clear and clean mindset to develop new material and yet his whole job is watching other comedians offer their best material.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home