Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Mid-Week....

We didn't have our usual Monday meeting due to the King Holiday and some much needed recuperation after our Don "DC" Curry weekend.

Last night we hosted a group of pharmecutical salespeople. After that private party, we were the venue for a taping for a television pilot. For additional details about what happened to the auditioners, visit Ultimate Comedy Theater.

Ken Rogerson starts tonight and he is personal favorite of the club. One of the things that I think is a challenge for a club like ours is the consistent high level of performer we are able to present. I feel at times like I am using the same adjectives over and over again. The simple truth is that you could pick any show during any week and get a really enjoyable comedy performance. Some names will be more familiar to you that others, but name recognition alone shouldn't be the sole determinant when making the decision to come visit with us.

What I am trying to say about Ken is that he has carved out a niche for himself that I'd encourage you to become a part of. He has appeared in a number of television programs, and between those appearances, has distinguished himself as an incredibly solid performer. He is a bit like Danny Ainge in that way if you know what I mean.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate G. said...

I have heard great things about Ken from various people throughout the comedy industry. I greatly anticipate seeing his performance for myself. Should be interesting to evaluate this niche you describe.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home