Thursday, December 30, 2004

Take a Trip With Me Back to 1983....

1983 was the second year that The Punchline was in existence. As it happens, I'm a little bit of a history buff, particularly as it relates to comedy at our club.

Last night, J. Anthony Brown stopped by for a visit and He, my partner Chris DiPetta, former Punchline owner Ron DiNunzio, and I enjoyed a little trip down memory lane. I mostly listened to be honest, as J., Chris, and Ron enjoy a 20 year plus history together. Two good things came out the conversation. The first is that I think we'll see J. back on stage at the club this year. The second dovetails with my list from yesterday. I dug this list out of my files for your perusal.

It's the headliners list from 1983. I'm going to list last names only and see if you can fill in the first names. It just so happens that the New Year's Eve headliner in 1983 was none other than Jerry Seinfeld. Now, I'm not saying that Craig Robinson will turn out to be the next Seinfeld, but I am saying why not?

Here is the list:
Amoros, J.A. Brown, Parks, Miller, Irrera, McDonald, Leno, Coulier, Walters, Morey, Seinfeld, Restivo, Mack & Jamie, Shydner, Addotta, Saget, Aleck, Dunlop, Dubac, Reiser, Bolster, Hemphill, O'Brien & Suvera, Provenza, Park, Wall, Koenig, Kelly, Wuhl, Clarke, Bartlett, Weiner, Shaffer, Sayh, Wolfberg, Paulsen, Schmock & Vallely, Leslie, and Bergeron.

One Notable Feature: Carol Leifer.

One Notable Host/MC: Jenny Jones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home