Monday, May 02, 2005

The First Lady As "Last Comic Standing?"

Some time ago I posted a bit about the President and some of the jokes that he told a various campaign stops.

Every year there is an event called the White House Correspondents' Dinner which is an opportunity to have some fun after a year presumably filled with things which are not fun.

This year, the First Lady made some remarks and I think maybe she might have better chops than her husband:

"I am married to the President of the United States and here is our typical evening. Nine o'clock, Mr. Excitement here is sound asleep, and I am watching Desperate Housewives. With Lynne Cheney. Ladies and gentleman, I am a desperate housewife. I mean if those women on that show think they're desperate, they ought to be with George. One night after George went to bed, Lynne Cheney, Condi Rice, Karen Hughes and I went to Chippendales....I won't tell you what happened, but Lynne's Secret Service code name is now Dollar Bill."

"George always says that he's delighted to come to these press dinners. Baloney. He's usually in bed by now. I'm not kidding. I said to him the other day, George, if you really want to end tyranny in the world, you're going to have to stay up later."

"The amazing thing is that George and I were just meant to be. I was a librarian who spent 12 hours a day in the library, yet somehow I met George."

"I'm proud of George. He's learned a lot about ranching since that first year when he tried to milk the horse. What's worse, it was a male horse."

Maybe we should find out what her avails are......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home