Monday, February 21, 2005

Monday Morning Quaterback....

Another weekend is in the books.

Colin Quinn was a really interested comedian to watch perform. The audiences were engaged in his material, and he enjoyed himself on stage. My partner Chris DiPetta and Colin go back a long way. In fact, back when Chris was with Catch A Rising Star comedy clubs, Colin was a Catch comedian - so in a way, they had something similar to a manager-comic relationship before.

In any event, Stewart Huff opened for Colin before the late show on Saturday night. I was up in the office doing some work, and since Stewart is a comedian I enjoy listening to, I went out on to the balcony. There was Colin, also watching Stewart. Now I will confess that after a while you can tune out a comedian you have worked with before. What you are able to hear however, are the parts that are different almost right away.

Later, after the show, Colin sat Stewart down and talked with him at length about comedy. What I was particularly impressed with was the degree of specificity that Colin commented on Stewart's material. I thought it was a particularly nice gesture and a reminder of the traditional mentoring role that some comedians can provide for each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home