Friday, October 22, 2004

How I got in the pizza business......

I learned tonight that the people who come to the club roll with the punches when given the chance.

After Ricky and I finally made it to CSS, Eric (the kitchen manager) called to tell me that the exhaust fan in the kitchen wasn't working properly. He'd called the emergency number on the side of the hood, but no response as of yet.

It is a little difficult to run a kitchen without an exhaust fan, primarily because kitchen exhaust doesn't mix well with comedy.

We opted to order pizzas and serve our non-exhaust producing menu. And that is how I got in the pizza business.

A special thank you to our team tonight for adapting and adjusting on the fly.

The kitchen will be up and running at full bore tomorrow, and the fan will be up and sucking.

As it turns out, the fact that your exhaust fan isn't working doesn't quite qualify as an emergency to the numerous businesses that cater to the 24 hour exhaust fan emergency niche.